Parent Governors – Vacancies
The Board of Governors are looking to recruit two parent governors
These roles are volunteer posts and candidates should be aware that commitment to attend meetings in the evenings would be necessary. Training is available and all new governors are encouraged to attend induction training. All our governors are expected to follow the Code of Conduct.
Terms of office are usually 4 years. Governors currently meet 10 times a year.
The core functions of the governing board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
What are the benefits?
- Being a school governor is a privilege – you are a small but very important part in an educational system with a very long history
- The knowledge that you have played a part in improving local children’s education and supported the school’s staff
- A chance to develop new skills, to practice and strengthen existing ones, such as chairing a meeting, researching or leading on a key school issue
- The opportunity to work as part of a team to make a real difference in the community
- The opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life whom you probably would not have otherwise encountered
- Knowing that the decisions you collectively make will have a huge impact on children’s lives
- You develop as a person and may even find that your experiences as a governor influence future career and life choices.
Governor Pen Portraits
Governing Body Structure
The following people make up the current Governing Body of our school:
The Chair of Governors is Mrs Sandra Fletcher
The Vice-Chair of Governors is jointly shared by Kat Pilling and Jade Murden
Other Members are Mike Pride, Will Broderick, Earl Davidson, Jade Murden, Kat Pilling, John Boyle, Carol Campbell and Cecilia Emery.
Our Clerk is Mrs Sharon Barker, who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All governors can also be contacted in this way.